The QoL Update
This update is scheduled to release some time on Jan 25, 2021, we will try to schedule the update to disrupt as few players as possible.
- – Restart script has been updated to include a 3, 2, and 1 minute restart warning in addition to the existing 30s countdown.
- – (As of 1/24/2021) Compression threshold has been increased from 128 to 1024. This may increase player ping, but should significantly improve TPS. This is a temporary measure until Mojang fixes the BDS-2574 bug.
- – (as of 1/24/2021) Our VPS has been upgraded to:
- – 8GB RAM
- – 80GB SSD Storage
- – 8TB Bandwidth (DDoS Protected)
- – 5 vCores @ 3.4GHz+
All of the following tweaks are from BedrockTweaks, a fan-made port of VanillaTweaks from Java edition. The only changes we’ve made, are to make the “Addon tweaks” compatible with fsm_v3.0+OPS by FoxyNoTail, which normally conflict with each other.
- Yellow flowers on iron golems changed to red
- Enchanting particles are now colorful
- Bottle o’ enchanting now appear like splash variant potions
- Lowered grass, mycelium, paths, podzol, snow, and crimson & warped nylium side textures to provide smoother landscapes.
- Added block variations for common blocks like dirt, stone, planks, etc.
- Kelp will now have a flower at the top if they’ve reached max age
- Redstone tweaks: Sticky piston sides, better observers, directional hoppers, clean redstone dust
- Reduced rain and snow particles
- Removed glass borders for seamless glass
- Added Chat tweaks (Gives better chat UI for mobile players)
- Added numbers to hotbar slots
- Made it so you can see visible locked trade items when trading with villagers
- Made tooltips background transparent
- Hid the annoying “how to play button” (How To Play is still accessible from menu)
- Disabled creeper, endermen, & ghast griefing
- Shulkers will now always drop 2 shells
- Phantoms that spawn on you get larger the longer you haven’t slept
- Above-player nametags will grey out when the player is AFK
- Graves will now drop on your death location
- Thunder Shrines are now available, letting you sacrifice a nether star to summon a thunderstorm
- Villagers will now have death messages
- Droppers can now be converted to dispensers with the appropriate materials.
- Red sand/stone can now be crafted with dye
- Any dyeable item can now be dyed to any other dyeable variant
- Some “straight” recipes (bread, shulkers, etc) have been made shapeless so they can be crafted from your inventory.
- Blackstone can now be substituted for cobblestone in all recipes
- You can now smelt concrete power into its colored glass equivalent
- You now get a more logical amount of trapdoors, bark blocks, & stairs from their respective crafting recipes.
- Gravel is now craftable with flint
- Coral blocks are now craftable
- Blackstone is now craftable again